Friday, June 19, 2009

I like Jen W's list idea, so I thought I would finally update in list format:

1. Ava pee'd on the potty 5 times last week, so we got all excited to start the training process. I ran out and got her little chick underwear from George (I hate princess generic girl stuff). She was so excited and wore a pair all morning and never had an accident. Then we went through the sprinkler and put a pull up on for nap time. And for the last several days, we haven't been able to stay at home, so pull ups were used and she digressed. Argh. I'm not frustrated with Ava, more with our schedule and I am trying to revamp it so that we have more lazy days at home. Trying, anyways. But yay for Ava for becoming a big girl potty trainer.

2. Big news in Kynan's world was Baba and Grandpa Al's visit recently. It was actually a wonderful visit and way too short. We had so much fun showing them our city and just spending time with them. Kynan spent two nights "camping" with them. I say that in quotations because Al and Carleen have a pretty sweet RV which I think bumps them out of the "camping" category and into the RVing one. But ever since their visit, he has been bugging Dana and I to go camping again. And counting down to the fall, when the baby comes, so that he can see all his grandparents again. It truly was a great visit and tearful goodbye.

3. Dana is going into an extremely busy weekend, with volunteering at our Church's Burn Out Competition called Holy Smoke. Catchy, eh? He's pretty excited about it. Cool cars, burn out competitions, food, and sun. What more could a boy ask for on Father's Day Weekend??? However, I am not. Looking after the kidlets for two straight days, missing my photography class, and doing it with an incredibly sore back. Not my cup of tea. But I love Dana that much... LOL.

4. Speaking of bad back, yesterday I spent laid up in bed after having shooting pains down my legs and barely being able to walk. Not fun. Dana forced me to stay in bed all day, no TV, no magazines, no books, no internet. Boo. But later in the evening, after seeing me almost cry trying to make dinner for the family (it hurt so bad), he called all around the city and found me a message therapist that could take me in 20 minutes. God bless this man. I had 30 minutes of bliss, after which she gave me some stretches to try at home, which helped even more. What love, eh? I am so thankful for Dana. I don't know what I would do without him.

5. Upcoming... not much. Hopefully a small weekend camping trip, but who knows. And hopefully a picture update. No energy right now to wait the hours it takes to upload photos to blogger.... sorry.

Have a Happy Father's Day Weekend. Hope you get spoiled or get to spoil your own daddy.

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

I hope they still had an okay day today! Sure doesn't seem like a good one for being outside.