Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Questions....


Just because I like to copy good blogs.... sorry Jen. I stole your idea.

What are your middle names?


Michelle and John. Kynan shares his dad's middle name.

How long have you been together?

I would say we met in the summer of 1997, shared an immediate connection, but didn't start dating until 1999. We were married in 2003.

How long did you know each other before you got married?


As stated above, 6 years.

Who asked who out?

I asked Dana out three times before he said yes. What can I say.... I loved him from day one.

How old are each of you?


Dana turns 28 in July and I will be 26 in May.

Who's siblings do you see the most?


We probably see them all equally. Dana has two sisters and I have two brothers. He is the oldest and I am the youngest. And both our families live in Summerland. Dana probably made more of an effort to see his sisters when we lived there, but now that we live in Saskatchewan, I probably talk to my brothers way more. I guess he's not a phone person. And truth be known, one of his sister's isn't talking to us so you can imagine it's a little hard to cultivate a relationship.

Which situation has been hardest on you as a couple?


Again, I would say we have had tough times. Dana and have fought and yelled at each other even. But we usually don't go to bed mad and nothing has ever made us question our commitment to one another. Like Jen said, it's the bad times that make you cleave to one another. But I would say just before we got married and right after was a little tricky working out in-law issues. And just recently making the decision to move back to Saskatchewan, both tricky and tough times.

Did you go to the same school?


Dana home schooled his whole life. I actually met him through my girlfriends home schooling boyfriend. He took a few misc. courses in high school, but nothing major. And I went to public school. So, no, we didn't.

Are you from the same home town?


I am a born and raised Summerland gal. And Dana lived in Abbotsford until he was about 16??? And then moved to Summerland.

Who is smarter?

I would have to say that we both have our areas of strength. While I am more English and Literature minded, Dana is more Scientific and Logic minded. But I will say that Dana retains information like a computer. Mostly useless factoids about the weather or sports spastics. And he could read any manual or how-to book and then do it. He once replaced his car engine by simply going through the manual. That's something I could never do.

Who's the most sensitive?


Definitely me. Unless Dana is overtired.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?


To be honest, probably McDonalds.... I know, but sometimes that greesy crap is SO good. I would add though that Dana and I love to eat out. We love trying new restaurants. We even sometimes pretend to be food critics and give ratings.

Where is the furthest you've traveled as a couple?

Mexico, twice. It is both our dreams though to go to Scotland.

Who has the craziest exes?

No one. I only have one ex-boyfriend and a few crushes. All of which are still really decent guys who I occasionally converse with. And Dana..... well.... Dana was definitely a ladies man. He had ALOT of girlfriends... but they were all my friends or peers and very nice. No one in particular stands out. But I will add that when Dana and I were friends, he use to go to raves and give out "Better than chocolate" cards with his phone number on it. Is that not super dreamy???? LOL!

Who has the worst temper?

I would say me. I am a rhino.

Who does the cooking?

Me. But Dana makes the best butter chicken and perogies.

Who is the neat freak?


I would say it is a pendulum. I sometimes go bersurk and have a little of OCD, washing the floor 3-4 times in a day. But then when I get lazy, his radar starts going off. I guess we keep each other in check.

Who is more stubborn?


Dana is way more open minded. I didn't think I was stubborn, until Dana and I had a really long argument about it. I just did not agree with him and I refused to see his point..... LOL! :) Just kidding. But yes, still me.

Who hogs the bed?

I do, most definitely. I love my bed. I use to love being tangled up with Dana in bed, but now I am very much a "need my space" kind of sleeper.

Who wakes up the earliest?


I was glad to see Jen's answer on this and no I am not the only one. Dana is up too at 6 or 6:30am, and calls for me to wake up just before leaving. And I still just lay in bed until it is absolutely necessary for me to get up. Again, I love sleep.

Where was your first date?

The movie, Notting Hill. And if I recall correctly, his sister Shalane was there too. It was our first official date.

Who is more jealous?


Again, me. Dana is the most laid back guy. He says it's because he trusts me completely. But I will say that I think it's pretty hot when a guy defends you, stands up for you or gets jealous over you.

How long did it take to get serious?

When Dana finally said yes to me.... he said he wanted me for infinity. And there was no doubt in my mind that we were going to get married one day. So, ya. Pretty serious.

Who eats more?

I would say we eat about the same. Dana eats way more in one sitting though, and I am more of a snacker.

Who does the laundry?


Me. And I hate it. For the last week and a half I have been doing random loads by hand. Which is oddly rewarding until you realize that it takes the better part of a day for them to air dry because your apartment has such poor air circulation.

Who's better with the computer?

Definitely Dana. Hands down. Again, it's the tactile person in Dana. He loves that kinda stuff.

Who drives when you are together?


Dana usually drives when we are all together, unless he wants to look at flyers. And I drive during the day with the kids... of course.

What about you and hunk-ahunk-aburnin-love????

5 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

A rhino? niiiice!! ;)

Jen said...

I also think it's hot when I guy stands up for his girl and defends her. Jordan neeeeever does that, even when I beg. haha!

margaret said...

Who has the worst temper?

I would say me. I am a rhino.

Holy crap that made me laugh Susie...LOL. Very interesting...

Sue said...

What a fun read. I like your "Rhino" description. I think that can account for most women! Lol!

In the book "The Flip Side", Flip Flippen would describe that as a "Volcano" behaviour - I'm there with ya sista!

Vicki said...

Very neat to read. I might have to try this one out myself.

And congratulations on your pregnancy! Great news!!!