Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Interview with Reporter Jen...


I volunteered to be apart of Jen's little game, and here are the questions.... I hope you enjoy.

1) You have so many talents, from working with teens, to public speaking, to arts and crafts, I know you enjoy photography, which is your true passion?


My one true passion remains my family, Dana and the kids. I want to strive to be the best mom and wife I can be, and to be honest, sometimes it is hard to look beyond that. But I do find I am a better mom when I take time for my other passion, like scrapbooking, photography, friends, volunteering, ect....

2) Baby #3! Whee!! Do you have any thing that you think you'd like to do different with this one? Any things that you'd definitely like to do the same? Will this be the last baby? O.k. that was clearly more than one question but all somewhat related so that's totally allowed.

There is nothing that really springs to mind when you ask what would we do differently or the same. I have always tried to be the best mom I can be and this rollarcoaster ride is a constant learning experience. We are hoping to do cloth diapers again, which we didn't do with Ava, but did do with Kynan. And make our own baby food, which I did do with the first two. After seeing Kynan's dentist bill we are definitely pro-flouride no matter what people say. As for "last baby", I know people may think I am crazy... but I don't think this will be our last baby. Dana and I have always talked about having a big family... the number 5 has been tossed around, but we have even talked about more. I guess it depends on what life throws at us. But we are super excited about this little gem and can't wait to meet him/ her. And no, we are not finding out what "it" is.

3) I know you are happy as a clam being back here in Regina. What do you think it was that made you love it here so much? Are there any parts of Summerland, aside from family, that you think you'll miss?

There is something about Regina, a feeling we get here. More settled. Maybe space we didn't think we needed? I am not really sure, but we love the city, the people, the sunsets, the open prairie, so many things.... And of course the main reason why we chose Regina as our home is because we felt God called us here and we are just trying to be obedient to what God wants in our lives. As for Summerland, besides family, I will miss the small town of it all. The festivals I have gone to since I can remember, knowing EVERYONE, and just the familiarity of it all. And Homeside Video, where you can get virtually any title, especially the classics.... oh on Long John's from the bakery... mmmmm..... And the beach.... most definitely. But just like anything, there are things I cherish in each place, it's just our time to be in Regina. Summerland will be missed, but not forgotten.

4) Do you think you'll be a stay at home mom long term? I know you found your work at SADI very satisfying. Do you ever have the itch to get back out there?

I definitely see my time as a stay at home mom lasting a long time, until our kids our somewhat grown. BUT I get the itch almost daily. I don't think I would ever want to work full time away from the home again, and I think whatever I do would have to be something I love doing. I have tossed a few entrepreneurial ideas around. I think that would be a passion, working from home doing something creative. I have thought about starting my own photography business with a friend, I love weddings so I was thinking maybe I could be professional event planner, and even interior design has entered in my mind several times. Of course, I have a lot to learn before I pursue anything professionally, but one day opportunity may knock.

5) You & Dana are such a sweet, perfectly matched couple. What do you think is the strength in your marriage? What piece of advice would you give to a couple of brand spankin' new newly weds?

The strength in our marriage would have to be hands down, our commitment to one another above ALL else and keeping God the center of it all. We have been through some pretty rough waters, and knowing that I can count on Dana to be there for me and vise versa has kept me afloat many times. And you have probably heard this one.... communication. Dana and I talk everyday, even if it is for just 5 minutes and we ALWAYS discuss any major issues before they balloon. We are quick to forgive, which isn't always easy and usually involves swallowing a big portion of pride. And finally choice.... choose every day to love each other, physically, emotionally, and spiritually even if we don't particularly "love" each other. As for my advice to other couples, I could only say a whole lot of prayer. I pray for Dana every day and witness little miracles in our marriage everyday... and even just to tell God a big thank you for creating such a wonderful man for me. Other than that.... find someone you know who has been "happily" married for 30 plus years and ask what their secrets are.... you might be surprised, but there is wisdom to be found in our mentors.



Thanks for the interview Jen. I hope you liked my answers. If not, I will forgive you ;) LOL

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Great interview, Jen!! Susie, I loved reading your answers. Learned a lot :)

Jen said...

I enjoyed your anwers too Susie! Thanks for playing. :)