Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Sense of Relief

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment and was relieved and bewildered to hear the heart beat of our little bambino within. I was so relieved that the doctor said it was a strong heart beat and that I was growing and everything seemed to be tickity boo (my wording not his). When I got into my car to race to my friends for dinner (running late as most doctors are), I tried to imagine our life as a family of five, but simply couldn't. I know some may think that is a sign, I don't. It just amazed me that at 26 (well soon to be 26), I have a husband and two children with another on the way. Life is funny how it works out sometimes. So I breathe a sense of relief and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I am already 19 weeks. Almost half way. Well, not entirely, I usually carry late so a little less than half way.

In other news, Dana and I have had a busy week with brunches to plan, retreats to mc, painting, packing, and moving.... I am finding it hard to get the motivation to pack with two toddlers untow. No family to claim the kidlets to prevent them from "unpacking" behind me. So it has been a bit of challenge. But we have been overwhelmed by our friends here in the Queen City. We have had over 10 people come out and help us paint and we manage to paint our entire town house in two days. And our care group offered up their services tomorrow for a "moving party". And Friday, we have at least 5 coming out to help load and move all our furniture. Our goal is that we will have everything moved by 2:30 as that is when my mama is landing at the airport. She will be immediately be put to work unpacking. LOL.... just kidding. We'll give her about a half an hour to settle in. We are not cruel people.

I am so thankful for our family and friends. Without them, this move would have been incredibly stressful even over the short distance. With me being unable to pack heavy boxes, paint or really move anything, we need all the help we can muster. Al and Carleen made a huge gesture and have relieved a huge pressure this week. Mainly because I don't know what I am doing. So a HUGE thank you to them. My mom, who was planning a nice relaxing visit with her grandchildren, will be unpacking and helping us settle into our new home. SO I am sure I will be taking full advantage of her presence while she is here. Thanks mom. Seriously, thank you. And to our church family, what a wonderful group of people God has blessed us with. They are truly like an extended family who love us sacrificially. One gentlemen was at our house painting last night until midnight. NOw that's love. We seriously couldn't pull all this off without their love, And hands, And trucks. So another HUGE thank you to them.

What can I say, we are blessed. Next post to be made from our new abode.

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

Awesome. Happy Move. Also, I think that we must be due on the same day? I'm 19 weeks, too!!