Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things,,,

When we were buying our van on the weekend, Dana took it for the test drive. While he was out the kids and I waited in the driveway of the couple selling us the van talking to the nice lady. She actually looked alot like my Auntie Angie and talked like her too. Anyway, she asked Kynan, because it was such a nice day, if he was going to play in his backyard when he got home. Kynan politely said "I don't have a backyard." The lady pressed, "Oh, the front yard then?". Kynan said, "No, i don't have one of those either. I could go play by the train tracks by our house, but I don't think mom would let me." A little startled the woman asked where we live and Kynan replied, "We live in a big brick building with a bunch of other people with not very many windows." I couldn't believe it. I was laughing so hard that I didn't even really explain what he meant by all that. Needless to say, I can't wait to move.

On the Ava front, today at MOPS, we were getting ready to go when an older boy came up to tell me Ava had to go potty (which she says all the time). I told him she has a diaper on and its ok. Then I went to go grab Ava from the hallway and put her in the van. No diaper. I asked where it was, when she said "pee in potty". She led me to the bathroom, to the stall, where she had taken off her pull up and bloomers, then pointed to the potty and said "pee in potty". Of course there was no visible evidence of this act, but the fact she new where to go impressed me so much. She then closed the lid and flushed the toilet. DO you think she's ready? Now if I can only get her to do it at home.

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Cuteness. Good job, Ava!!

wandi said...

I'm laughing my head off at what Kynan said to that woman! Oh what she must have thought. Good job Ava! It might be time.