Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankfully Home

We are finally home after two weeks of being in Summerland. I am so thankful to be in my own environment again. And my heart almost leapt from my chest when I saw Dana for the first time. I couldn't wait to make out with him like we were teenagers... yup... I said it! The kids were equally excited to see Dana. It may have been the four airports, three airplanes, and 6 hours of traveling that did it (thank Dana for booking our tickets), but I think they were just genuinely happy to see their dad. Kynan gave a running hug and Ava refused to let go of him. It was a long day of traveling, but couldn't have ended any better.

Today Dana took a half a day off to come home early and spend time with us. I am so excited. We are going to go grocery shopping and then come home bake cookies and decorate the apartment and the tree. I already have some apple cinnimon burning in the diffuser. It's snowing outside and looks like Christmas. I am excited for December and all that it brings. I am happy to be home.

I will make one promise. I am never leaving Dana again for two weeks at a time.

3 comments:

kelle said...

Glad to have you home.

wandi said...

I am so glad that you are back sweetie. I'm sure Dana feels the same. Thinking of you lots. Love ya!
Was praying today that all would go well with your flight. Love you.


Momma Wandi xoxoxo

Kathy said...

ha, ha. Now I know why you looked so tired Wednesday morning, lol.