Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's About the Journey


Well, after some praying and some serious consideration, Dana and I have decided to post something on my blog. I have been debating it because I am not so sure I am ready for the feedback that may (or may not) come, but Dana and I feel solid in this choice so we decided to share it.

For those of you who may be following our lives, we recently moved back from Sask to our hometown, to be closer to family, to build a house and for Dana to progress with his electrician ticket. When we made the decision to leave Regina, it was very difficult. Harder than any thing I have ever done. I can't explain why, it just didn't feel right. However, we missed our family and this amazing opportunity to build with my father-in-law. But ever since we have been back, we have felt a pain in the pit of our hearts. Whenever someone would talk about the prairies or Regina, or thought about our home there, or even listened to a song about home.... our hearts ached. For months now, we have been trying to ignore these feelings, thinking that we just need time to settle into our new lives here, but truth be known, our hearts are not in it. I have wrote about how we felt like we made a mistake when we moved from Regina. That our time was not quite done there. And now we are following our hearts back there. Yes, we are moving back to Regina.

This has been very hard on us and on our family. We wouldn't make this choice if we weren't 100% certain it was what was best for our family. We truly believe that we are stepping out on faith and truly trying to follow God's purpose for our lives. True we may take the long way to get there, but so often I have been told "It is not the destination, but the journey."

So there it is in a nutshell. Everything we have been dealing with the last two weeks and thus the reason for my sparse entries. We are hoping to be back in Prairie land by the end of September. We don't know where we are living, working, or when this will all go down. But I actually feel ok that we don't. I have faith that we are making the right decision and so then I have faith that the Lord will provide for us. I don't mean to sound "religious", but this is just what we are feeling.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Susie,

I'm glad you have come to a decision that you are 100% comfortable with. You guys really did thrive here and I'm happy that you will be returning to a place that you feel is 'home'.

I can only imagine the heat you are getting from people so I just wanted to offer you a cyber hug. It's SO difficult when we don't have the support of those we love. But good for you guys for making a decision that you feel in your hearts is what's best for your family.

You'll be welcomed back here with open arms, that's for sure. I know you were missed by many.

Good luck with making everything happen! Can't believe you plan to be back in a month!! You'll be busy little bees.

Jen said...

Oh, side note. I think I saw your friend Teena in Old Navy this weekend. I wasn't certain enough to say hi. ;)

kelle said...

Susie, I'm happy to hear that you guys are following God's direction. Truth be told, I've had this feeling for quite sometime that you would be making the move back here. I've missed you guys! Things will fall into place, I have no doubt. Praying for you guys as you make the big move back here, and I'm praying that your families will come to terms with your decision to move back. I love you!!

Claudette said...

Susie,

I have been following your blog since just before you moved to Regina the first time. I have read with interest the joys and struggles you have been dealing with this past year. I am also a Bible-believing Christian and appreciate your complete and total honesty regarding your relationship with God and also with how you feel you were not following His direction for your lives when you moved back to Summerland. I hope and pray that your return to Regina will give you peace and joy, sensing that this move is HIS perfect plan for your lives.

From another "Prairie Girl"

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm proud of you guys for having grown so much in your faith and your relationship with God. May He guide you "home".
Lots of love and hugs,

Sarah said...

I'm sorry that you had to go through the selling of your house in Regina and then move and now to do it all over again just to find out where you really want to be. I think I'm much too stubborn and would want to stick it out a year before I'd make such a big decision. But I'm a pretty cautious person, and it sounds like you are learning to listen to God and if this is definitely his direction, then go and all the best!!

Sue said...

Follow your heart! We all have an inner sense of what we feel is "right" and "wrong" for us as individuals.

Only "we as individuals" can live our own lives and be true to ourself no one else can do that for us.

Follow your heart, follow your dreams, the rest will fall into place.

Look forward to see you all,
Hugs

Tiffany said...

Hey Susie as I said on the phone the other night I am so excited to have you guys come back. But I am also so proud of you for following Gods will I know it is not the easiest thing following his will but I am proud of you that you are stepping out in faith and trusting. Me and Brian are praying for you guys we will see you soon.

Vicki said...

I truely pray that you are getting support from your family and friends. I KNOW this must be difficult, and knowing that those closest to you are behind your decision.

Nobody else can know what's best for you, Dana, and the kids. Just the two of you along with God.

It's a little wierd, but if you ever need to talk...I'm here.