Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Beginning

After a very long drive from Medicine Hat, AB to Summerland, BC we arrived safely and very tired at my parents house. The start of a very busy vacation. We spent the first few days with my family, eating, visiting, playing cards. I love this shot of Elijah, it's like he is saying "Papa, you're number one!"



I love that my parents like playing cards. I am little bit card crazy. I love playing cards. ALL THE TIME. It was great relaxing, laughing, and chatting over a game.



We then went to Keremeos to visit with the whole Family Clan at my Aunt's Winery (which is so amazing). I can close my eyes and see when it's all done, bustling with business as the customers flock to this hidden treasure.

It was delicious food and great company. And surprisingly no one got wet... Uncle Bob never pulled out the big guns. But the cousins played...



Crazy Great Auntie's Cuddled... I love this picture of my Auntie Gerry!



And of course, the guest of honor, my Grandma. It was her birthday and she celebrated with all eight great grandchildren at her feet. So amazing to me that our kids will have that memory with their great Grandma. So awesome!



I have lots more pictures to share, so stay tunned. I have to do this in parts.

2 comments:

Rooted said...

I too love playing cards..my family does that lots as well...we'll have to play some when you guys are here.

Trisha said...

It was so special to spend time with you, Dana, and the kids and to see all the kids together! I'll look forward to your upcoming posts :)